Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stillness = Savasana: in the reasons for it, not the act itself

Stillness is not as the word implies, being motionless.

To believe there is a state of no movement is a little foolhardy or naive
We are always in motion, always engaged in some form of activity, be it mental or physical.

Stillness for me is how I absorb what's around me and make sense of those experiences.

It's a very active, engaging stillness.

Much like the Savasana at the end of a yoga practice.

It's about allowing your body to adjust and soak up the changes it has just undergone.

My notion of stillness may be physically unassuming as it is all about how I continue to adapt to my surroundings.

Taking the time to look at the details about me and bring meaning and understanding to what's occurring.

And in doing so gaining a greater appreciation of both the experience and how I can use that to positively benefit future experiences.